In our previous posting we discuss how Open source ERP software can help SME’s, we further posted on common errors and mistake which organizations do while implementing ERP software. ERP tool helps every department to simplify the enterprise needs, although implementation of ERP software is not an easy task and may lead to failure if not implemented properly.
In this post we will quickly go through with few tips for successful ERP implementations in your organizations.
- Selecting the right ERP software is one of the first and foremost important task
- Reduce customization as far as possible since they can become the pain points for the vendor during the implementation or while future upgrades.
- Freeze the requirement document completely before implementation
- Smart check on vendor experience and its team is important for confidence on ERP implementations
- Give more time before and during the implementation
- Opt for BRD – business requirement documentations or Functional requirement gathering if not sure about the timelines and features implementation
- Involve top management and the end users while preparing the scope document
- Run pilot if still unsure of ERP capabilities or acceptance by the end users
- Support team from vendor side should be strong enough to handhold your users after the implementation
- Ensure proper resource allocation from your team and vendor team
- Use workflows diagrams, charts wherever possible
- Proper implementation methodology should be decided prior planning for ERP implementations.
- Divide your projects in phases – the important features being the first and so on.
There are many other areas which you need to concentrate before and after the implementation to ensure success. Please comment if you have any more tips to cover. For more information you can visit our website www.globalteckz.com or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Article on ERP you might be interested in
- Difference between an ERP solutions and Simple software
- 7 Reasons for ERP failure
- Benefits of using ERP software